Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Few Things Before We Begin

Okay, so it's January 4th.  I better get crackin', but before I do I want to share with anyone who reads this blog what to expect.

1.  This blog will not necessarily be a summary of my reading.  I other words, it is not my intention to always repeat the gist of my reading for the day.  This blog will be a place for me to post my reflections on things that stand out to me or pique my interest.  For a summary of the Bible...the Bible itself would give you a much more accurate account of what the Bible says then reading my blog.

2.  I am assuming any readers of this blog have a basic familiarity with the Bible.  That may not be the case, and in that event feel free to shoot me any questions you might have about why I'm thinking what I'm thinking.  I'll do my best to respond.

3.  My thoughts will be random.  When I first started my graduate work a fellow student borrowed my notes one evening.  The next day he came back to me and said, "I hope your notes make sense to you, because they sure don't make sense to me."  Sadly, I understand where he is coming from.  So, if you're reading this blog, be prepared for random associations.

4.  And finally, this is probably the 3rd or 4th blog I've started.  I've never been very faithful about posting.  I'll do my best this go around, but the odds of me posting every day are pretty low, especially over weekends.

Alright, let the insanity begin!  I'm excited about systematically reading through the Bible again, and I'm excited about actually documenting it.  For those of you reading through it with me, I'm excited about what you will discover in this journey, and please, feel free to post your thoughts and comments on this blog.

May God guide and instruct us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment