Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Necessity of Vulnerability

"Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness.  And being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death--even death on across." -Philippians 2:5-8

Here's an interesting video I came across the other day.  It's about the necessity of vulnerability.  In Philippians Paul shares a song about the incarnation, and the incarnation is all about God's willingness to be vulnerable with us.  I hope you find this video as thought provoking as I did.  Be warned, there's one curse word dropped in her speech.  So if you find that offensive, you may not want to watch.

 
 
My favorite soundbite of Dr. Brown's is, "Blame is a way to discharge pain and discomfort."  In our cultural climate that should make us think.

3 comments:

  1. Great clip. I'll be working on embracing some of those concepts. I am enough! Thanks, BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful you found this clip. It was something I needed to remind myself of. Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I thought the repercussions of her research were pretty far reaching. It's counter-intuitive for a self-reliant culture.

    ReplyDelete