Friday, April 15, 2011

Sign of Success or Foreshadowing of Failure?

I don't have much to say about today's reading.  Today's reading was mostly details about the building of Solomon's temple, lots and lots of details.  I sort of wish I had stuck with my middle school dream of becoming an architect so I could put the details into a better mental picture.  Anyhow, one thing I find interesting is that the house Solomon built for himself was quite a bit bigger than the house he built for the Lord.  Is this a sign of how successful he had become as king, or is it a foreshadowing of his future failures?  I'm not sure.  It's something to think about though.

Stopping point: I Kings 9

2 comments:

  1. So, Josh and Jeremy are building this (to scale, I believe) in Minecraft. It's massive. I never appreciated the scale of this project until they started doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember him telling me about that. How is the project coming?

    ReplyDelete