Friday, June 24, 2011

Epic Fail

So, as I feared, I have yet to read the Psalms three times a day like I intended.  It's not that I'm lazy; it's just that I don't think about it.  I wake up every morning and say, "Crap, I forgot to read last night."  So, I read two in the morning, but then I get home from work and say, "Crap, I forgot to read one at lunch."  I have a deep respect for people who have a daily discipline of taking three moments out of their day to pray or read the Psalms.  It s not an easy discipline.  There are way too many distractions during the day, which is precisely why we should probably all do it, to recenter ourselves.  However, in the mean time, I'll keep plugging along and see if I can do better.

Oh, and as far as chapters in Proverbs that deal with adultery, now we're at five out of nine.

Stopping place: Psalms 39, Proverbs 9

No comments:

Post a Comment