Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Slowing Down The Psalms

So, I have to read 25 psalms to get caught up.  As I've said before, the psalms aren't something that you want to rush through if you want to get anything out of them.  So, I'm going to change things up a bit.  I'm going to skip ahead to Proverbs for my daily blog reading.  Alongside that I'm going to commit to reading the Psalms three times a day, one in the morning, one just before lunch, and one before going to bed.  For those of you who already do something very similar to this with the Book of Common Prayer, you're probably wondering why I never did it before.  To be honest, it intimidates me.  I've never been one to structure my prayer time, so I'm not sure if I can stay committed to doing it.  However, I don't see any other way to actually read the psalms, rather than just skim through them.  So, tomorrow I'll start with my daily discipline, as well as begin Proverbs.

Stopping point: Psalms 25

No comments:

Post a Comment