Friday, July 15, 2011

Today's My Anniversary

So, today's my and Kalyn's five year anniversary, and in typical fashion I forgot to get a card.  All day I've been trying to think of something non-cliche to put in a note or something, and I haven't had much luck.  I've been thinking back over the last five years, and there's just too much to say.  She's been faithful and true.  She's been kind and generous.  She's been loving and present, and continues to be all those things.  In the last five years, we've lived in three towns/cities in two states.  We've had a dog and a cat, two dogs and a cat, one dog, two dogs, and one dog again.  We've had good incomes and we've barely gotten by.  We've had a miscarriage and a son.  We've had friends and enemies.  We have had people praise us and curse us.  We've been happy and sad.  We've celebrated and mourned.  We've gotten along and we've fought.  In other words, we've lived together for five years as husband and wife.  A wise man once said that marriages were people growing machines, and Kalyn has certainly helped me grow.  Thinking of life without her is a terribly depressing thought, so I don't do it much.  Anniversaries are a strange mixture of special day and just another day.  So, like every day, after work I'll go back to our house, tell her I love her, and be glad I'm home.

Happy fifth anniversary.  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Your post echoes a lot of the thoughts I blogged about on my anniversary a couple of weeks ago. It really is strange how there's this pressure to make the anniversary such a special day, when really, if you have a good marriage, it seems there isn't much need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetie. I sort of feel bad. Most of my blog post today is about puke.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete