Monday, November 12, 2012

Congregational Transformation: A Minister's Perspective

I came across this video today, and I'm glad I did.  It's an interview with Amy Butler, senior pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Washington DC.  I appreciated her honestly, transparency, and self-depricating humor as she talked about her last ten years with Calvary Baptist Church.  It's a long interview (an hour), but I highly recommend watching it all.


The congregation I serve is presently going through a transformation of its own. I'd love to hear from other ministers who have gone through, or are presently going through, congregational transformations.

5 comments:

  1. Church Next? Postmodern marketing will fall to God's grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I understand the direction of your comment. Could you clarify, please?

      Delete
  2. It seems they are Emergents. And such will be crushed under their own popularity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I didn't get that impression from Ms. Butler at all.

      Delete
    2. To be totally honest, I don't know anything about Church Next as a group. I only enjoyed the video and sympathized with the minister's experience. I could be totally wrong about this, but I think the founder of Church Next is an Episcopalian priest.

      Delete